Zirconia Stabilized Grog, type ZSG
SINGLE CRYSTAL ZIRCONIA GROG
- Phase Stabilized ZrO2 Single Crystal
- High Temperature Stability to 2400 °C
- Low Thermal Conductivity
- Custom Size Ranges are Offered
- Excellent Thermal Shock Resistance
- No Outgassing
- Virtually Dust Free Performance
Zircar Zirconia Single Crystal Grog Type ZSG is composed of small (0.6 to 1.4 mm) single
crystals of zirconia having a cubic structure. These “skull melted” crystallites exhibit virtually no particle breakdown during thermal cycling and provide dust-free performance. Type
ZSG is useful at temperatures up to 2400°C under oxidizing conditions with no sintering or
particle breakdown and minimal sticking.
Zircar Zirconia Single Crystal Grog Type ZSG was developed for high temperature catalyst
support. Zirconia Single Crystal Grog Type ZSG is free flowing, therefore conforming to
irregular configurations to fill small and intricate areas.
Type ZSG contains no organic binders and will produce no smoke or odor when heated
and is available in one standard particle size range. Custom particle size distributions can
be manufactured on request.
- Type ZSG has a Tyler mesh size of –12 to +28 (1.4 mm to 0.60 mm)
- ZSG Grog is used as a high temperature catalyst support.
- ZSG Grog is used as bulk fill insulation.
- ZSG Grog is used as ultra high temperature insulation for advanced energy systems.
PROPERTIES & CHARACTERISTICS
|Stabilizer||20 Y2O3||13 Y2O3||20 CeO2|
|Melting Point, °C (°F)||2590 (4694)||2590 (4694)||2680 (4856)|
|Maximum Use Temperature**, °C (°F)||2300 (4172)||2300 (4172)||2400 (4352)|
|Bulk Density, g/cc (pcf)||2.75 (170)||2.75 (170)||2.75 (170)|
|% Shrinkage, 1/2 hr at 2400°C (4352°F)||0||0||0|
* 1 – 2 wt% hafnia occurs naturally with zirconia and does not affect performance.
** Maximum use temperature is dependent on variables such as stresses, both thermal and chemical, and the
chemical environment that the material experiences.
Zirconia Grog Type ZSG is sold in three standard formats listed with their item number in
the table below.
|Standard Sizes||Item Number|
|ZSG-Y20, -12 to +28 Tyler, 1 pound||BK001|
|ZSG-Y13, -12 to +28 Tyler, 1 pound||BK003|
|ZSG-Ce20, -12 to +28 Tyler, 1 pound||BK004|